Life is like a dream.
How to get from Prague airport to the city on your own?
The most convenient way to get to Prague is by plane. The airport of the Czech capital annually receives over 11.5 million visitors. How to get from the airport of Prague to the city center by yourself?
For three years of life in the Czech Republic, I flew very often from the Prague airport, and also met relatives, friends, and I was met. In addition, we lived on the outskirts of the city, in the beautiful and green area of Zlicin, which was located 15 minutes from the capital airport. So the road to it I can draw with my eyes closed in the smallest detail 🙂
By the way, if you are going to the Czech Republic, you will probably be interested in the information on which castles you can go from Prague for one day.
From Prague airport to the city center by public transport.
I always liked the Czech capital for convenient public transport. From Prague airport to the city center it is easy and easy to get there. The capital’s Czech airport is named after the first Czech president, Vaclav Havel. It has 4 terminals, but most passengers arrive at the first and second terminals.
Terminal 1 at the airport of Vaclav Gavla serves flights of countries that are not part of the Schengen zone. The terminal 2, on the contrary, is intended for flights inside the Schengen area. Therefore, if you fly by direct flight from Russia, then you will arrive at Terminal 1. These two terminals are located very close to each other, the distance between them is overcome within 5 minutes.
In Prague, opened a new subway station on a green branch, so the routes of some buses have changed. All information posted on the site is relevant in accordance with the new bus routes.
On the subway map there are metro stations, to which buses from Prague airport go.
How to get from Prague airport by bus.
A bus stop from where you can leave Prague airport to the city center is located opposite the building of each terminal. Find it is not difficult. From there the following buses depart:
1. Bus number 100. It takes you to the Zlicin metro station (the terminal station of the yellow branch) in 18 minutes. However, the road from the station Zlicin to the center takes 20 minutes, so the route is not very much in demand. But just in case, I post a bus schedule, download it in * pdf format here: Bus_100.
2. Bus number 119. The most popular route from Prague airport to the city. The bus goes to the metro station Nadrazi Veleslavin (green branch) in 17 minutes. The bus schedule can be downloaded here: Bus_119. Previously, bus number 119 traveled to the metro Dejvicka, so be careful when planning your itinerary.
3. Bus number 510 – night route. He rides 2 times an hour from 00.00 to 04.00, his final bus station Na Beranku. The route goes 75 minutes and during this time passes a number of stops, where you can change, for example, to the night tram. And this means that even at night from Prague airport you can leave by public transport. Download the bus schedule here: Bus_510.
4. Airport Express Bus (AE). Special route from Wenceslas Havel airport to the city center. He goes to the central station & # 8212; Hlavni nadrazi (this is the red metro line), and to the neighboring metro stations: Masarykovo nadrazi and Namesti Republiky (this is the yellow subway line). The journey costs 60 CZK for adults, 30 CZK for children, luggage is free. The ticket is bought from the driver. The bus goes to the center about half an hour. For current information on the route, click here. Download the exact timetable here: Bus_AE.
Immediately introduce explanations to the files * pdf with the schedule, if you have any questions:
In files * pdf with the schedule, in principle, everything is clear, but I still decided to explain it a little.
Attention! The schedule, which is proposed in the * pdf file, is up to date. You can double-check its reliability by clicking on the link. Enter the bus number in the “Linka” field, and in the field “Datum” – the date of the trip:
You can also check the current bus schedule on the site.
Tickets in public transport.
Before you take the bus from Prague airport, you need to buy a ticket. This can be done from the bus driver when boarding. After buying a ticket, you must “get through” in such a yellow apparatus shown in the picture. If the ticket is uncompiled, then it is invalid!
In the bus there is such a device where you need to break a ticket.
Also tickets can be bought in special machines, although if you have iron coins, because he does not accept notes. Simply select the cost you need, press the button, insert a trifle and voila, the ticket is purchased. You can not buy a ticket for Airport Express in a vending machine, only from the bus driver.
Machines accept only coins.
The ticket for 30 minutes costs 24 kroons, ticket for 90 minutes – 36 kroons. Those. the ticket is valid during this time from the moment of composting of the ticket and on any public transport in Prague (metro, bus, tram). The ticket is uniform for all types of transport. Check the relevance of prices can be by reference.
Transfer from Prague airport to the city center.
If you do not want to bother with public transport, you can order a ready transfer from Prague airport. The driver will meet you with a sign at the airport in the arrivals area and take you to your hotel. You can use the transfer service if you are going to go from the hotel to the airport.
Near the airport there are many taxis, which are easily recognized by the bright colors.
If you eat from the airport in Prague to the city center by taxi, then you have two options: order it by phone or take a taxi in the airport. Near the terminals are taxi companies AAA, which offer trips to the meter (40 kroner landing and 28 kroner each kilometer, according to the official website). Thus, the trip will cost about 700 kroons.
As some information loses its relevance over time, especially in such subtle issues as timetables and prices, I leave links to official websites. Please, do not be too lazy to double-check the information so that you do not have to change plans on the go. If you have any questions, how to get from Prague airport to the city, I will gladly answer them in the comments to the article. Have a good trip to the Czech Republic!
Very useful information! For me, always the transfer from the airport to the hotel is emotionally complex. You’re in an unfamiliar place, where to go is not clear ..
I agree, Oksan) The first thing we do when we fly somewhere, it’s looking for information how to get from the airport to the city)) Sometimes there are very sophisticated schemes (like in Istanbul, for example). So I tried to describe as much as possible, although in Prague it’s easy enough to co-ordinate.
Thanks, that that searched.
Irina, kind time of the day.
Bus 119, in the description of the hotel it is written what you need on this bus to get to the final stop and change to the tram 26.
Address of hotel Czech Republic, Prague, Sternberkova 20, Prague.
What is the name of the stop and is it finite? Thank you.
Svetlana, hello. Forgive me, please, for the late reply. Now I do not have constant access to the Internet, it is not always possible to respond in time to messages.
If it is still relevant, here are the optimal routes I managed to find:
1) Take the 119 bus to the stop Divoka Sarka (not the final one), then take the tram 26 to Strossmayerovo namesti stop.
2) Take the 119th bus to the final stop of Nadrazi Veleslavin, then go to the Staromestska tram stop and take the tram 17 to the Veletrzni palac stop.
3) Take the AE bus to Namesti Republiky stop, then take tram line 24 to the Veletrzni palac stop.
Take the 119th bus to the final stop Nadrazi Veleslavin, then take the tram 26 to Strossmayerovo namesti stop.
– A little less optimal in time, but also true.
The Strossmayerovo namesti stop is located farther from your hotel than the Veletrzni palac.
I hope, clearly painted. If anything, I will be happy to answer questions.
Hello! Sorry for the trouble, I already looked at how to get to the hotel and just wanted to clarify-does AE need a separate ticket? And tell me, please, where can I buy a ticket for public transport for 3 days and how much does it cost, and yet how long will the road from the airport to the Vitkov Hotel take? Thank you so much.
1) Yes, AE needs a separate ticket, bought from the driver, costs 60 CZK for an adult.
2) The ticket for 3 days for public transport costs 310 kroons, is valid from the moment of the first break-through. ticket. You can buy a ticket at the points of sale at metro stations, but not at all. Here’s the link: http://www.dpp.cz/jizdenky-prodejni-mista-v-metru/ has a list of all the stations where the tickets are sold (click on Trasa A, Trasa B, Trasa C & # 8212; these are the branches Metro). There is also a schedule of points of sale there 🙂
3) The journey from the airport to the hotel takes 52 minutes. First on AE to Namesti Republiky, then transfer to bus 207.
Hello, can you please tell me how it is easier and more convenient to get from the Prague airport to the Panorama-prague 4. What is the cost of a taxi, and how long to travel?
Thank you for useful and interesting information.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply.
Live your dream 🙂
Hi my name is Irina! Welcome to my blog about independent travel .. or how to live 3 years in Europe, go for a year to Asia and eventually stay in Argentina 🙂
Life is like a dream.