It’s good where we are.
Green Card USA. Lottery, in which we won.
In 2012, at the end of November, we applied for the lottery. In truth, we were serving the company with friends. We thought, together we will win and move together. So it will be more fun in the new country 🙂 The application for participation is the completion of the questionnaire on the lottery website. The application is registered and you are assigned the case number. It is for him to check the results in the spring. That is, before November 1, you need to apply, and in the first days of May, check the results.
April 21, early in the morning they arrived by train from Petersburg to Moscow. Just off the train galloped to the station. m. Street 1905 in the IOM. There we took the documents, we paid 420 dollars + about 20 dollars for one inoculation (since I did not have a certificate, about this a little later) and went to the station. Lenin Library to undergo a medical examination. About 10:30 we arrived at the place.
1. Sealed envelope – it can not be printed out at all and it is necessary to carry with them to the embassy for an interview. The guarantee of the fact that the envelope was not printed out is the seal at the place of gluing. It so happened that my print envelope was forgotten. But it is good that we saw this at the time of the transfer of the envelope to my hands, and not found in the interview. Print, of course, immediately put. Therefore, check such trifles on the spot. And then try to prove that you did not open anything and did not substitute))
2. Fluorography – it does not need to be carried in for an interview, but you need to take it with you into the airplane in hand luggage. The administrator of the medical center said that she would not necessarily be asked at the border, but it is better to take it, because they say someone is asking, but somebody is not.
3. A copy of the results of a medical examination (such as a honey card) – but this, according to the administrator, must be taken in hand luggage.
The embassy had to come by 8:30. When we got there, there was a huge queue of people who applied for American visas. We all the guards asked this queue for us and, having received an affirmative answer, stood up friendly. Inside the embassy, they handed over their mobile phones, inspected their personal belongings, and received a green piece of paper in the documents receipt window, on which the 212 window was written.
1. Printouts with the address where to send the documents.
2. Passports (+ a copy of the page from the photo)
3. Birth certificate (original, copy, translation)
4. Certificate of marriage (original, 2 copies)
5. My diploma (original, copy, translation, my husband did not take a diploma)
6. Military ticket of the husband (original, copy, translation)
7. Copies of work books (+ translation)
8. Certificate from the bank account (original)
9. Certificate of ownership of the car (original, copy, printouts with advertisements for the sale of a similar car)
10. Certificate of ownership of real estate (original, copy, translation, prints from sites for the sale of a similar apartment)
11. Certificate of absence of previous conviction (original, translation)
12. Questionnaires – we have specified the address of residence and data on the parents. We took only the first sheet of questionnaires.
13. Envelope from the medical commission.
14. Receipt for payment of the fee.
(photos are not taken, although some take, all translations of documents Ruslan did himself, did not assure anything anywhere)
1. What are your plans in America?
2. Who are you working for (questioned by me and my husband)?
3. Is this your first marriage?
Passports with visas fixed in them we received on Tuesday, April 29. The most surprising thing is that Ruslan and I received them simultaneously, although everyone was at different places in the city – I was at my job, my husband – on my own. But the documents were brought to us at the same time. I do not know how they did it, but it turned out to be very funny!
Still have questions? Ask!
I do not know how to find fault, but they ask a lot and in great detail)
And how did you manage to get ready so quickly and leave? Are you going to start after getting a visa?
There was no confidence either before being invited for an interview. Not after I was invited)))
Yes, they began to gather after the return from Moscow! We generally had a risk that we should leave May 5 – Ruslanchik could be called to work 🙂
You are great lads!
the truth, I immediately remembered my unsuccessful attempt to obtain a visa when I was refused right after the question of work (((
If people do not speak fluent English, there is no chance of getting a visa, do you? If the interview is in English.
Listen, but if you won, Ruslana was given a card automatically, like her husband? This I did not fully understand.
Yes, Ruslana was given a visa automatically.
Relatively speaking, someone one wins and carries the whole family. We would have children, and children would be automatically given visas. The main thing is not to forget to indicate all family members in the questionnaire.
God grant them all the beauty in a new place!
Is it already such a small fee?
Well, now this 🙂
We left with the Husband. He has a job here – he moved from the St. Petersburg office to the American one. I do not work. This is what I said at the interview – I will settle in and then we’ll see 🙂
I’m joking, I hope you’ll come to visit us.
* sings by the voice of Lenon * New York City!
But then when we were taking pictures already in another studio, there were no problems 🙂
But I know that the child falls precisely in any situation.