Immigration to Azerbaijan.
In 1991, after gaining independence, Azerbaijan launched a sovereign economic policy.
The migration balance of the country since 2008 is positive, which indicates that fewer people leave the country than come here for permanent residence. It should be noted that most of them are Azerbaijanis who have lived outside Azerbaijan for the past several years, mainly in the CIS countries, and who want to obtain citizenship. “Among Turks and Iranians, foreigners who want to move to Azerbaijan are predominant. , As well as representatives of other nationalities who married a citizen (or citizen) of Azerbaijan. 
In 2010, every eighth resident of Azerbaijan was a migrant, of which more than 90% of them are Azerbaijanis, and 70% are internally displaced persons from territories occupied by Armenia. 
The three most numerous groups that predominate among immigrants to Azerbaijan are:
1. Ethnic Azerbaijanis are those who most often move to the country, as well as representatives of some ethnic minorities who inhabit the country in compact settlements (Talysh, Lezgins, Avars, etc.)
This group includes natives of Azerbaijan, who for a long time lived in other republics of the USSR.
Many of them were educated in Russian and Ukrainian universities, and after studying, they stayed to live and work in the same republics. “Often, such immigrants from Azerbaijan create mixed families.” The disintegration of the USSR prompted many of them to return home, to Azerbaijan. Their families moved with them. These are wives and children who visited Azerbaijan earlier only for holidays and vacations.
2. The second group includes ethnic Azerbaijanis, mostly from Georgia living on the border with Azerbaijan. For various reasons, many of them are trying to move to Azerbaijan.
3. The third group includes labor immigrants from different countries (mainly from Turkey, India, Pakistan, etc.) who come to the country in order to find a job or open their own business. Some of these immigrants come to the country for higher education (for example, from Turkey), and then they stay here to work and further start forming their families in Azerbaijan. 
Rules and documents for immigrants.
A person who intends to obtain the citizenship of the Republic of Azerbaijan must apply to the State Migration Service of the Republic of Azerbaijan with the application form filled in the name of the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
The list of documents necessary for obtaining the citizenship of the Republic of Azerbaijan is attached to the application form. This requirement applies to foreign citizens and stateless persons.
� Certificate from the place of residence on the composition of the family;
� Certificate from the place of residence about residence in the Azerbaijan Republic during the last five years;
� Copy of the permit for permanent residence in the territory of the Republic of Azerbaijan or a copy of the refugee certificate issued to the person who has received refugee status;
� A copy of the passport or other travel document (except for those who do not have these documents, who have been granted refugee status);
� A document confirming the existence of a legal source of income (one of the documents listed below: a certificate of employment, a certificate of receipt of a pension, allowance or targeted social assistance, a certificate of the tax authority on the income of an individual, a certificate of child support, under guardianship, a certificate of the right to inheritance, etc.) 
Refugees and asylum seekers.
In Azerbaijan, illegal immigrants are those who are:
In Azerbaijan, there are the following forms of international protection, in accordance with the 1999 Law on the Status of Refugees and Internally Displaced Persons:
– refugee status: in accordance with the Geneva Convention.
– political asylum: a person who came to the territory of the Republic of Azerbaijan and applied for granting refugee status or intending to do so is considered to be in asylum seekers before taking a decision on granting or refusing refugee status 
The American newspaper Boston Globe published an article titled “The United States is currently only in seventh place among the best countries for immigrants.”
Immigration to Azerbaijan.