Czech. Higher education in the Czech Republic. Charles University.
Czech language courses can be divided into two categories: first – study for admission to the university, the second – study for immigration to the Czech Republic and further employment.
Today I am going to my friends to talk about the Czech language, language courses and preparatory courses. Now we are very close to the center, there you can see the building of the main station. From that side, in five minutes walk, is Wenceslas Square. Here is the building of an auto club with a beautiful front door. I went inside, here is such a beautiful Tatra 57. I need to go up to the fifth floor.
What are your chances of immigration? Find out for free for 5 minutes right now online.
I am in the company “Home in Prague” and today I will talk with Alexander, who, I hope, will kindly answer my questions concerning the Czech language and preparatory courses. As I said, I am often asked such questions, but I do not know anything about it. Hello Alexander.
– Hi Andrew. Yes, indeed, the main direction of our activity is consulting in the field of Czech education. We are addressed by people who just want to learn the Czech language, people who want to come here for further admission to universities. Also there are those who come, learns Czech and then looks for work; basically, it’s physicians.
– I’m interested in topical issues. I finish school, I want to come here, study, get a European education, a diploma and, accordingly, learn the Czech language. What do I need for this? As far as I understand, you need to nostrify here the certificate, enroll in these courses. Tell me from the beginning, what do you help?
“You did the right thing to turn to us.” First of all, you need to decide on which direction you want to study: economic, technical, etc. It is necessary to determine the specialty, in this matter we can fully tell what kind of faculties there are.
– It is now a question of which Czech institution?
– Our courses have been working at Charles University for more than 50 years, since 1974. The first training center in Marianske Lazne is a unit of the Charles University, they are preparing in all directions. We are engaged in courses at Charles University. These are the very first courses that began to prepare foreigners so that in the future they would receive education in the Czech language. Preparation takes place in all directions. If you are a schoolboy and come to us, you need to decide whether you will be an economist or a technician.
– Let’s say I’m determined, I want in the technical field. What documents do I need?
– The first thing you need is a document on education: either a completed certificate, or a confirmation from the school, or a diploma. You can come to the magistracy if you have a bachelor’s degree, for example Russia.
“Do I send you the documents?”
– Yes, you send them to us. It is also necessary to determine the specialty (we will also help in this), and it is necessary that you compose a motivation letter.
– Yes, it is desirable that you yourself write in your own words.
“Is there a pattern?”
– Yes, there is a template. Usually we send it to e-mail. Most often work remotely. Sometimes they come to us, and we together fill out all the necessary documents.
– What are the next steps?
– We fully inform you what you need to send, because all documents for filing must be in Czech. Such documents as a certificate of non-conviction, a certificate from the bank, etc. Depending on the age and other factors, the documents may vary. A person sends us documents, we translate them, and we also make insurance necessary for foreigners. At the same time, the university invoices, and the person pays for his studies at the university.
– Let’s talk about the cost.
– Study in Prague – about 6000 euros per year. Now we are talking about annual courses, because this is the ideal period to learn the language, to prepare and make nostrification.
– I also heard that for a month and a half they have been studying Czech, somebody especially gifted – and for 3 months. It is at such courses at the University of Karlov that they are considered the best. They are expensive, but they are productive.
– Naturally, personal qualities are important here. You can not say that you paid money, you came – and in any case you will. No. You need to work, try, you need to focus on education and learn. Because if there is no motivation, you do not study – you go home.
– 6000 euros – the cost of annual courses in Prague. What does this include?
– This includes education itself. These are items, necessary materials, books – the training course itself, what is necessary for preparation. This does not include accommodation.
– By the way, about living. I need to live somewhere. How to solve this issue?
– We have several training centers: in Podebrady, Marianki, Liberec and two centers in Prague; there were three, but now two of them have united into one. And with each training center there is a hostel, that is, there are no problems with accommodation.
– And what is the cost of the hostel? Approximately, on average.
– Roughly speaking, this is 200 EEK per night, that is 6000 EEK per month.
– What are the hostels? How is it with us, with cockroaches?
– No. Not at all. These are double rooms.
– Yes. Live for two people, for an extra fee you can get in room one. I believe that the conditions are really like in a hotel. Floors are washed, bed linen is changed. Practice shows that at the first stage the hostel is very helpful. People there get acquainted and in a few months can make friends, together rent an apartment.
– As an everywhere. I heard stories that when people come to the language courses, then they can not leave the hostel provided to them. Because it is spelled out in the contract of the company, which brings people here. Have you heard such stories? Do you have such rules?
– In this case, there is an opportunity to immediately abandon the hostel, if you do not want. There are certain terms when you can refuse gratuitously, but if you have already received a visa, you have arrived, then the deposit you paid should be lived. Basically this is 600 euros, that is 2-3 months, depending on the training center, you need to live.
– And this commitment to whom?
– This commitment to yourself for this money. You paid 600 euros – this is a non-returnable part.
– I understand, like a fine. If you left earlier, you pay.
“If you lived these three months, then they were consumed, and then you calmly moved away.
– And to whom are these obligations? I sign a contract with the one who provides the hostel? With the institute?
– The contract is provided by the institute.
– I understood. This is not what you and the person are?
– No. In fact, the contract for education, and for living (if you choose a hostel) is directly with the university. The university exhibits documents, so there should be no doubt, everything is reliable. And as for those who want to come, for example, to an apartment, we also help. This is not our main activity. But sometimes families come with children. Where are they going? To the hostel with two children to come? Of course, we help, we organize an apartment.
– Sometimes people come to these language courses, they are not students who want to find a job here. Let’s discuss this point. Let’s say I want to come to work, with visa problems. I want to move with the help of Czech language courses.
– Of course, there is an opportunity to come to the courses.
“What will it give me?” And do I really find a job? How does this happen in practice?
– In practice, it happens that a person comes to a course of the Czech language, this is not a preparatory course for admission, but simply a language course.
– What is its cost?
– Depending on the program. You can and for six months and a year. Of course, it is desirable that there is more time.
– To find a job yet.
– You come, you try to find a job or organize a business. Or, if you are a medical worker, you practice the practice – confirmation of knowledge.
– And how does this happen? Quite interesting and relevant about the health workers who want to come here. They can not work right away, right? Do they have to somehow work out the practice, confirm their documents?
– The student arrives, begins to learn Czech …
– Wait, but if it’s a person with education?
– For a period he becomes a student.
– A potential immigrant, a person who wants to come here and get a job, we are talking about doctors now. What does he need?
– He needs to enroll in courses, come. A very important point is to do the nostrification of the diploma, after that to apply to the Ministry of Health, about two months after that take the test. After it is necessary to pass a five-month practice, which ends with a test of knowledge.
– Good. Man has done everything. He wants a work visa. Where does he ask? At home?
– No, all this is happening here, quietly, very comfortable. Moreover, very often people stay at the same place where they practice. Because basically people come with knowledge, and doctors are dismantled with hands and feet.
– But exactly submits for a visa here?
– Yes. He’s making a replacement here.
Does he come on a student visa? What is the name of this type of visa?
– In this case, there is no preparation for training in higher education institutions, namely the study of the Czech language.
– And if people come to the preparatory courses with further admission to the university, what is the name of such a visa? Student?
– It does not differ from the visa that students have, right?
– Yes. Everyone who already studies at the university has such a visa. Because these preparatory courses are accredited. In fact, they are at the level of higher education, being at the university.
– Who are you for the university?
– We are their representatives, we know all their programs and we advise people: how, what, where and when.
“Do you enter into a contract with them?”
– People conclude the contract directly with the university.
– Can parents see where their child will study? And in general to look, how the system of training here is constructed? Do you carry out this kind of excursion?
– Oh sure. People come to us, and we go with them to the training center. You can meet with the leadership of each training center, go to the hostel. You can chat with students who are currently studying there.
– And to live there a little?
– For example, the training center is Crystal. There you can and live. Students live there, as in a hotel, that is, there are several floors in the hotel surrender to Charles University.
– How much are you already on the market? I’ve heard that it’s not the first year, you’ve had quite a lot of experience and even had issues.
– Yes, some of our students graduated from higher education institutions, they found a good job, and we are happy for them. In the market of educational services we are already 8 years old. We work with the Charles University, and practice shows that people need us. Therefore, we will continue to help people in this direction.
“Thank you for talking.” I think we’ll meet again if the audience is interested.
– Well, we will be happy to answer questions.
Our YouTube channel.
Czech Republic & mdash; sections.
Education in Prague.
Soft Integrator Europe sp. z o.o.
& copy; 2018 All rights reserved.
Exclusive on our YouTube channel!
Learn the working ways of emigration, as well as true stories about life in other countries.
Czech. Higher education in the Czech Republic. Charles University.