Confirmation of qualifications in the IEA.
Institution of Engineers, Australia evaluates the qualifications of engineers.
Address: Overseas Qualifications Assessment Education and Membership, The Institution of Engineers, Australia, 11 National Circuit, BARTON ACT 2600, AUSTRALIA.
Phone: 61 (0) 2 6270 6555.
Fax: 61 (0) 2 6273 1488.
Requirements for candidates.
To confirm the qualification, you must have a higher education in one of the engineering specialties. A CDR (Competency Demonstration Report) kit is sent to confirm the specialty. Documents showing your competence as an engineer. In the CDR, in addition to the diploma, summaries and recommendations from employers, descriptions of 3 episodes of your engineering practice should be included.
and the beginning of the process of immigration to Australia.
fill out the questionnaire and send it to Alexei Ushakov.
IEA does not require the surrender of any examinations to confirm qualifications. It is enough only a competently designed CDR kit, on the basis of which a conclusion about your engineering qualification will be made.
According to the IEA, the engineer must have a certain level of English, so you must first pass the IELTS (module General). All 4 parts of the exam should be submitted not lower than 6 points. You can also take the TOEFL language exam for grades of at least 12, 13, 21, 18.
The list of required documents is as follows:
& # 8226; Application form IEA.
& # 8226; Birth certificate or passport.
& # 8226; A set of CDR documents.
– Diploma of higher education, certificates and other documents related to the education received.
– evidence of professional growth (if any)
– 3 descriptions of episodes of engineering practice and their analysis.
Before preparing a CDR, it is recommended to perform a self-assessment according to the Self Assessment table, which is included in the Qualification Assessment Kit (confirmation guide provided by the IEA).
& # 8226; Introduction – describes the dates and duration of the episode, geographical location, name of the hiring organization, position. Takes about 50 words.
& # 8226; Environment (environment) – describes the environment in which you worked. Includes the characteristics of the engineering project, its objectives, the characteristics of your area of work, the composition of the project team, a description of your responsibilities. It takes 200-500 words.
& # 8226; Personal professional activity is the main section in the description, revealing the work that you have done. The section should include the technical details of the work, how you applied the engineering knowledge and skills, the tasks assigned to you, how they were solved, any technical problems you encountered, and the ways to solve them, the strategy you used, including creative work on design and development, your work with colleagues. It takes 500-1000 words.
& # 8226; Conclusion – sums up the work done and your impressions of it. Must include your point of view on the whole project, the goals and requirements for the project, your personal role in the project. It takes 50-100 words.
Confirmation usually lasts from 10 to 14 weeks.
The amount of the official fee for qualification confirmation for immigration purposes is 765 AUD. In addition, 320 AUD costs an assessment of the experience for the immigration center.
The received IEA certificate for immigration purposes will be valid for 3 years.
1. First you send us:
& # 8226; a detailed resume is what you were really doing;
& # 8226; a detailed description of your skills – what you can do as an engineer;
& # 8226; a xerox of the diploma and an extract to the diploma with indication of the hours of the studied disciplines;
& # 8226; Information on what is written in your work book;
& # 8226; information regarding your specific relationship with employers;
& # 8226; information on the availability of any additional certificates, etc .;
& # 8226; information on the level of your knowledge of English.
2. Based on this information, we send you a description of the Australian specialty, on which you will need to be confirmed.
3. You start preparing for the IELTS / TOEFL exam with a tutor or yourself.
4. In parallel with the study of English, a CDR kit is prepared. We provide you fish recommendations of your employers and samples of already prepared recommendations, on the basis of which you draft preliminary recommendations from each employer.
5. We finalize the text of each recommendation.
6. We provide you with examples of drawing up descriptions of three episodes of work and their analysis, as well as instructions on how to prepare these documents, on the basis of which you compose your descriptions and analyze them.
7. We comment on the CDR you wrote.
8. You compose the text of the final summary and descriptions of the work episodes that will be attached to the documents to confirm your qualification, we approve it.
9. As a result, all documents are translated into English.
10. You take the IELTS / TOEFL test.
11. The final stage is the registration of the on-line application in the IEA, which we fill.
Questions and answers.
Answer: Yes, it is quite possible, if you prove to the IEA that you are a competent engineer only due to your education and the work performed during the training. This is done by the competent registration of the episodes of engineering practice and their analysis.
Answer: Yes, for this there is a specialty “Engineering Professional nec (not elsewhere classified)” (ANZSCO code 233999). It is designed for all engineers who are not suitable for any other code. But since This specialty is on the list STSOL-MLTSSL (the list for departure for sponsorship programs SNV and SNSV), it must also be present in the list of any state.
Answer: Episodes do not have to describe different places of work. If you had only one job, but you were promoted, you can describe separately what you did on each of them. You can also highlight in the episodes various projects carried out at the same firm. In addition, the episode can be considered and the projects performed during the training, for example, pre-diploma practice or a diploma project.
Confirmation of qualifications in the IEA.